Old National again named one of World's Most Ethical Companies.
|Old National named among
World's Most Ethical Companies
in 2012 and 2013.
At Old National, integrity, trust and ethics go beyond observing laws and regulations.
As a company, we strive for higher standards. “Doing the right thing” is at the heart
of our mission, vision and values. We believe it’s the way we must conduct our
day-to-day business if we’re to deliver on our promise of consistently exceeding the expectations of our communities, clients, associates and shareholders.
We have received two distinguished honors for our commitment to corporate
ethics and responsibility. We were named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2013 and 2012 by the Ethisphere Institute, and we received the Ethisphere Ethics Inside Certification for the fourth year in a row. Old National was the only U.S. company to be named in the banking category of the World's Most Ethical list, and we were one of only 14 companies to have also earned the Ethics Inside Certification.
What led to our selection for this prestigious list?
Because ethical business and transparency matter to us, we have gone through the rigorous process to receive the Ethics Inside Certification. This certification is the only independent verification of a company’s ethical practices and is exclusively granted to organizations that can demonstrate the existence of a superior employee and leadership culture that promotes ethical, responsible and sustainable business practices. This certification process put us on the Ethisphere Institute radar, leading to our recognition as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies.
To learn more about the methodology used in choosing the World’s Most Ethical Companies, visit the Ethisphere web site.
Ethics in action at Old National
According to Ethisphere, companies named the World’s Most Ethical “go beyond making statements about doing business ‘ethically’ and translate those words into action.” Here are just a few of the ways we work to make ethical business part of our culture:
- Annually, our associates and directors are asked to review and acknowledge that
they have read our company-wide Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. This Code, covering topics such as “personal conduct” and “working with integrity,” provides a roadmap for our daily actions and decisions.
- All associates are required to complete annual online ethics and compliance training, with refresher courses throughout the year.
- Old National employs a full-time corporate ethics officer and has appointed an ethics committee.
- Resources such as Ethicspoint®, a comprehensive and anonymous intranet, internet and telephone-based reporting tool, is available to Old National associates 24 hours a day.
- Old National has always been committed to strengthening the communities we serve. Last year, we funded more than $3 million in foundation grants and sponsorships, and our associates volunteered more than 93,000 hours at community organizations. All associates receive two paid hours of volunteer time monthly.
What does our commitment to ethics mean for you?
It means you can count on us for. . .
- Service with integrity, provided by associates who strive to do the right thing, every day.
- Transparency and communication that is honest and upfront.
- A solid commitment to community partnership and corporate responsibility.
- An approach to business that will maintain our position as a strong, stable community bank.
We’re honored to be one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, but what matters most is our reason for achieving this recognition – you! To us, it represents our unwavering dedication to earning your trust, your business and being your bank for life.
Old National representatives accept the World's Most Ethical Companies award at an honoree dinner in New York City.