Personal Online Banking
& Bill Pay
Security features of our personal banking product
Old National employs a variety of tools and processes to help protect your information when you are using our Online Banking & Bill Pay. We also monitor to identify and prevent any evolving threats.
- Unique user IDs and complex passwords
- ONBSecure - This authentication mechanism provides an additional layer of protection to guard your confidential information against phishing attempts. Learn more about ONBSecure or read our ONBSecure Frequently Asked Questions.
- Challenge questions - This layer of security is used to verify your identity when you log in. These are out-of-wallet questions, and you should select answers that only you know.
- Date/time stamp - Every time you sign on to Old National Online Banking & Bill Pay, we display the date and time of your last banking session and the last failed log-in attempt. This helps you to be aware of any unauthorized account activity.
Reminder: The browser your computer uses (such as Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox) must support 128-bit encryption when you use Old National Online Banking & Bill Pay.
When you are logged into Old National Online Banking & Bill Pay, your session will automatically time out after a period of inactivity to reduce the risk of others accessing information from your unattended computer.
Account Activity Alerts
We offer eAlerts as a way for you to monitor account activity. Within Online Banking, you can set eAlerts to notify you of specific activity, for example when your balance or a withdrawal exceeds a certain amount, when a new payee is added, etc.
Old National System Security
- Firewalls - The computer servers that run Old National sites are protected by numerous firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to our network. We monitor these firewalls to prevent security breaches. Our online applications also use a system of filtering routers and firewalls, which form a barrier between the Internet and the internal bank network.
- Secured Socket Layer (SSL) technology - Using SSL technology, the connection between your browser and our Online Banking is encrypted, protecting it from unauthorized viewing. It also provides trusted third party verification that you have connected directly with Old National.
- 128-bit Encryption - When you access your account or perform transactions through Old National Online Banking, the information transmitted is protected by the highest standards of encryption. This means any data transmitted, including your password, is changed into unrecognizable characters that would be worthless if intercepted by a hacker.
Security Controls to Remember
- Do not choose "remember password"
- Do not share log in information
- Change your passwords frequently
PLEASE READ: Information security best practices continue to change and evolve. Accordingly, Old National may update its security measures used to protect your account from time to time without updating the information in this Security Center. In the event there is any inconsistency between the information contained in this Security Center and the agreements in place covering your account(s) with Old National, the agreements shall control.