Prepare today for the tomorrow of your dreams.
With a Roth IRA, the earnings on your investment are free from Federal income taxes as long as you meet certain established conditions.
- Contributions can be withdrawn anytime without taxes or penalties
- Distributions, interest and dividends are tax-free (if you are at least 59½ and the account has been established for longer than five years)1
- You can contribute after age 70½ as long as you have earned income
- No required minimum distribution during your lifetime
- Tax-free distributions can be passed on to beneficiaries
Consider a Roth IRA if:
- You desire tax-free earnings
- You’re saving for retirement with a 401(k) or other employer-sponsored plan
- Your income does not exceed $178,000 for married taxpayers or $112,000 for a single taxpayer
- You may need to access your savings before retirement
1Withdrawals prior to age 59½ may result in a 10% IRS penalty tax. Future tax laws can change at any time and may impact the benefits of Roth IRAs. Their tax treatment may change.
Contributing money each year into a traditional IRA is a great way to supplement other retirement savings.
- Delay paying taxes on earnings and, in some cases, on contributions until distributions are taken from the account
Consider a Traditional IRA if:
- You are eligible to deduct your contribution and you anticipate your tax rate at the time of distribution will be lower than your current tax rate
- Your income exceeds $112,000 (single) or $178,000 (joint)
- You want to reduce your current tax bill and are eligible to make deductible contributions (Certain conditions must be met, including income restrictions and contributions to an employer-sponsored plan.)
Securities and advisory services offered through LPL Financial, A registered Investment Advisor, member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products offered through LPL Financial or its licensed affiliates. The investment products sold through LPL Financial are not insured Old National Bank deposits and are not FDIC insured. These products are not obligations of the Old National Bank and are not endorsed, recommended or guaranteed by Old National Bank or any government agency. The value of the investment may fluctuate, the return on the investment is not guaranteed, and loss of principal is possible. Old National Bank and Old National Investments are not registered broker/dealers and are not affiliated with LPL Financial.