While we all try to navigate the new challenges surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, it’s important to protect ourselves and practice social distancing, and that includes in our everyday banking.
We also should encourage our friends and family—especially those who fall into one of the high-risk categories—to try out digital banking, too. (We know some of your relatives may be reluctant, but with a little guidance and help, they’ll be ready.) So if you haven’t already signed up for online or mobile banking, this is the perfect time to do so, or to help a family member or friend sign up.
What can digital banking do?
Let’s go through some of the things that online and mobile banking has to offer:
- Mobile Deposit1 - Deposit a check safely and securely with your mobile device
- Online Bill Pay - Allows you to pay bills easily. You set up who you want to pay, when and how much; and the payment is deducted from your checking account and sent to the payee for you
- Digital Wallet - Offers a way to pay at participating stores and within apps, without having to touch anything except your own device.
- Zelle® - Send money to people you know and trust.2
- Money Management - See all your financial accounts in one place - including those at other financial institutions - so you can analyze your spending, loans and investments
- Transfers between accounts - Move money between your accounts, both those at ONB and ones at different banks or credit unions
- eStatements - Great way to reduce paper clutter, lower exposure to identity theft and get organized. You can view, download and print eStatements
- Text Banking - Use simple text commands to check account balances, transfer funds between accounts and view recent transaction history
- Shared Access - Safely and easily delegate financial management tasks to designated individuals within Digital Banking
- Mortgage Manager - The easy way to access enhanced features and detailed information regarding the servicing of your mortgage loan.
- Purchase Alerts - Near real-time alerts, you can receive updates on your debit card activity to help reduce fraud and monitor your accounts, wherever you are
Save yourself time
In today’s digital world, online and mobile banking is a MUST for not only those who are on the go, but for everyone in my opinion. By utilizing Bill Pay alone, you may never have to buy checks, stamps, envelopes, drive to the post office or go location to location to pay your bills.
There’s also easy and convenient transfer options. I don’t think people realize how key this service is. If I can’t make it to the bank before they close, an after-hours deposit could take until the next business day to show up. But digitally, you can transfer from savings to checking (or vice versa) up until the early evening, and it should count as a same-day transaction with most banks! This can be a great way to avoid overdraft expenses.
Then there are digital wallets, which are a great way not to pass germs, especially when in a pandemic like this. Simply use your phone and just hold near the device at the store when it’s time to pay. Your transaction is instant, and you also don’t have to take on the risk of having someone behind you (with all their excess toilet paper they are buying up) see your full name and debit card number.
With Zelle®, you can send or receive money from friends and family through your online and mobile banking account, without using a separate system. This can be great in an event like today, if you have people spread across the country and are needing to send money.
These are just a few of the services that can really make your banking simple, and, in a time like this, keep you from having to leave your home. I hope you can take a moment to think about how this can not only save you time, but also help with the suggested social distancing that we are asked to manage. And it’s a great thing to bring up for those friends and family who are especially vulnerable to make sure they stay safe, too.
Learn about Digital Banking
There are many features within Digital Banking that give you the ability to bank wherever you are. Learn about Text Banking, Money Management, Mobile Deposit, Account to Account Transfers, Online Bill Pay and more.
Notices & Disclosures
- There are no Old National fees to use Mobile Banking; however, there may be charges associated with data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless carrier for more information. Not all accounts or customers are eligible for Mobile Deposit. Deposits subject to verification and may not be available for immediate withdrawal. See Terms in App for deposit limits and other restrictions.
- Zelle® is intended for sending money to family, friends, and people you are familiar with. We recommend that you not use Zelle® to send money to anyone you don’t know.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC, and are used herein under license.
Copyright © 2022 ONB