What are Text Banking and Automated Alerts?
Text Banking and Automated Alerts enable you to receive a variety of account-related notifications via your mobile phone. You can receive Automated Alerts by email as well.
To set up these services, sign in to Online Banking. Select Additional Services at the top of the screen and then Text Banking & Alerts. You will first be taken to an Alerts and Notifications screen, where you can sign up for Automated Alerts. If you enter your mobile phone number on this screen, the number will carry over when you set up Text Banking.
To set up Automated Alerts
- Enter your email address if you want to receive Automated Alerts by email.
- Next, enter your phone number and click Activate. A verification code will be sent to the phone number provided. Enter this code in your Online Banking and click Accept.
- To choose and set up your alerts, select the Add an alert button. You can choose from these alerts.
Automated alerts are sent throughout the day. In most cases, this means you will be notified about events such as low balances, large deposits or large withdrawals about 20-30 minutes after they happen.
How to set up Text Banking with text messaging commands
- Under Text Message Banking (to the right of Alerts and Notifications) select Update.
- If you want, you can enter a second phone number here.
- Choose your primary account for Text Banking. This is the account that you will receive balance and history for when requested through Text Banking.
- If you have a second checking or savings account, you can enroll it as a secondary account to transfer funds to the primary account when requested.
- When all information is entered, select Done. You should receive a confirmation text message.
Here is the information you can obtain by sending the following text commands to 454545:
BAL – Balance for primary account in Text Banking
- Your text will include both the Current and Available balances.
BAL ALL – Balance on all accounts within Online Banking
- Your text will include only the Current balance which is the balance as of the end of the previous business day. It does not include transactions that are pending or on hold.
- LAST – Last 5 transactions for primary account in Text Banking
- TRANS – Transfer funds to primary account from secondary account in Text Banking
- STOP – Deactivate service
- HELP – Help keywords
Note: The Text Banking function will not work if you have an automated signature attached to your text messages.
Visit our Text Banking page for more information. For assistance with setting up Automated Alerts or Text Banking, please call Client Care at 1-800-731-2265.