HSA Solutions for Agents & Brokers
Why choose The HSA Authority?
You're entrusted by your clients to provide the best solutions on the market. That's where we come in. Recommending a health savings account from Old National Bank lets you provide competitive benefits to your clients with account features to make their lives easier, and your relationship together stronger. Frankly, we don’t think you’ll find a more experienced or knowledgeable HSA administrator than The HSA Authority, and we’re doing the work necessary to back this statement up. That’s because we recognize the need for an education-based, service focused program and partnership with you to create the customized, innovative HSA solutions you want.
Morningstar named The HSA Authority and Old National the only provider to receive a positive assessment as both a spending vehicle and an investment vehicle. We have also been recognized in the New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
The HSA Authority advantage
The HSA Authority is committed to helping you sustain successful relationships with your clients. We serve insurance professionals across the United States with one simple, focused goal – helping you keep those clients satisfied.
We work with hundreds of employers and successfully administer nearly 63,000 individual HSA accounts. We know HSAs and have the answers you are looking for.
- No set-up, enrollment or monthly account maintenance fees
- Free, fast and easy online account opening
- A dedicated HSA service team
- Customized educational materials to fit your clients’ unique needs, including calculators for HSA financial planning and savings
Benefits for employers
- HDHPs cost less, saving your company money
- Offering an HSA helps make your company's benefit package more attractive and competitive to potential employees
- Employer contributions to an employee's HSA, when run through a Section 125 Plan, are not subject to FICA, FUTA, and other withholding taxes.
- The cost of the insurance premium and any contribution to employees’ HSA are tax-deductible.
- Employees become more responsible for their healthcare purchase decisions.
- An HSA enhances your benefits package since they are favored over other plans, such as HRAs and FSAs.
- Provides an additional savings vehicle for employees to help meet their retiree medical costs.
Benefits for employees
- Individual accounts are owned and managed by the employee.
- There is no "use it or lose it" rule so all unused HSA dollars rollover from year to year.
- An HSA is portable. If the employee changes employers or retires, the HSA funds go with them.
- There’s triple tax savings:
- Employee contributions are pre-tax or tax free;
- Distributions are tax free if used for qualified expenses;
- Earnings, such as interest and dividends, are tax free