Skip to main content

How can I add someone else to my HSA?

First, be aware that you do not have to add your spouse or tax-dependent child to your Health Savings Account, in order for your HSA funds to cover their qualified medical expenses. They also are not required to be covered by your High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).

However, if you want a child or spouse to be able to pay for qualified medical expenses on their own (for example a child away at college), you will need to add them as an authorized signer on your HSA. To do so, please complete the Additional Authorized Signer form on our website, Instructions are on the form. You may also request an additional HSA debit card for their use on this form.

Please be aware, an authorized signer can sign checks or make withdrawals without needing your (the account owner’s) permission. If you add an authorized signer, you will want to make sure the person is someone you trust to use your HSA funds for qualified medical expenses only.

If you have questions, contact us at 1-888-472-8697.

Visit our full FAQs page.
Back to top