Skip to main content

Who can contribute to my HSA?

Contributions to an HSA can be made by either you or your employer, or both.

  • You may contribute through payroll withholding on a pre-tax or post-tax basis.
  • Your employer can contribute, which is excluded from your income and not taxable to you
  • You can also make after-tax contributions directly to your HSA and deduct this amount (subject to maximum annual contribution limits) from your taxes at filing time.

To learn more about HSA contributions and distributions, you can view our HSA Education & Enrollment packet. If you have questions, contact us at 1-888-472-8697.

Visit our full FAQs page.
Back to top