Why choose The HSA Authority?
Frankly, we don’t think you’ll find a more experienced or knowledgeable HSA administrator than The HSA Authority, and we’re doing the work necessary to back this statement up. That’s because we recognize the need for an education-based, service-focused program, and we partner with you to create the customized, innovative HSA solutions you want.
Morningstar Inc. has named The HSA Authority and Old National the only provider to receive a positive assessment as both a spending vehicle and an investment vehicle. We have also been recognized in the New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
We’re dedicated to giving you everything you need, including:
- No set-up, enrollment or monthly account maintenance fees
- No minimum balance requirements
- Online account access, Bill Pay and Mobile App
- Investment options
- A dedicated HSA service team
- Customized educational materials to help your employees understand how to make the most of their HSA
- Fast and easy online account opening
- Online educational tools and calculators for HSA contribution planning and earning
We work with hundreds of employers and over 98,000 individual HSA accounts. As The HSA Authority, we partner with employers and insurance professionals across the United States.
- HDHPs cost less, saving your company money
- Offering an HSA helps make your company's benefit package more attractive and competitive to potential employees
- Employer contributions to an employee's HSA, when run through a Section 125 Plan, are not subject to FICA, FUTA, and other withholding taxes.
- The cost of the insurance premium and any contribution to employees’ HSAs are tax-deductible.
- Employees become more responsible for their healthcare purchase decisions.
- An HSA enhances your benefits package since they are favored over other plans, such as HRAs and FSAs.
- Provides an additional savings vehicle for employees to help meet their retiree medical costs.
- Individual accounts are owned and managed by the employee.
- There is no "use it or lose it" rule so all unused HSA dollars rollover from year to year.
- An HSA is portable. If the employee changes employers or retires, the HSA funds go with them.
- There’s triple tax savings:
- Employee contributions are pre-tax or tax free;
- Distributions are tax free if used for qualified expenses;
- Earnings, such as interest and dividends, are tax free