First Time Consumer Borrowing Program
When you’re ready to start building a strong credit history, we’re here to help with our specialized First Time Borrower Program.
There are two ways to get started:
Use a Co-Signer
Many young people with part-time income choose this borrowing option, which can help you secure a better interest rate. Your co-signer must be fully qualified for credit to be eligible.
Apply for an ONB CD Believer Loan
The Old National CD Believer Loan is designed to help you build your credit rating1 by making on-time-payments – all while building a savings balance!
- No minimum credit score required
- Build a strong payment history
- Save up to $2,500 in the process
- Get a .25% rate discount when you use automatic debit from an Old National checking account2
How it Works
- Borrow from $500 to $2,500 to purchase a Certificate of Deposit (CD) account.3
- Make on-time monthly payments (between 12 to 24 months) – building a positive payment history. The CD term is the same length as the loan payback period.
- Once the loan is paid in full – you get the cash + interest!
Speak with an Old National team member to get started!
Understanding your credit report
What is a debt to income ratio?
Loans are subject to credit approval. To qualify, must be age 18 or older with no current delinquencies or open collections of $250 or more.
- Late payments and/or loan default will negatively affect your credit score.
- 0.25% discount available when you establish EZ Pay automatic payment from an authorized Old National checking account at time of loan origination.
- A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal. Subject to terms and conditions of Certificate of Deposit Account Agreement. CD funds must stay on deposit for the life of loan.