Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM)
ARMs offer flexibility and lower initial rate
An ARM provides an opportunity to get into a new home at a lower rate, with the rate fixed for an initial period of 3, 5, 7 or 10 years. After this initial fixed period, the rate will adjust every six months.
What are the benefits of an ARM?
- Take advantage of a lower interest rate that will not change for the initial fixed period.
- Choose from a 3/6mo, 5/6mo, 7/6mo or 10/6mo ARM. Depending on your choice, the rate will remain unchanged for 3, 5, 7 or 10 years and can adjust every 6 months thereafter.
- After the fixed period, rate (tied to a market index) has potential to decrease.
- If interest rates drop, so will your monthly payment.
- After the fixed period, the interest rate cannot increase or decrease more than 2% at the first adjustment; interest rate cannot increase or decrease more than 1% at future adjustments and no more than 5% over the Initial Rate for the Life of the Loan.
- You have the option to refinance at the end of the fixed rate period.
Is an ARM right for you?
- Ideal if you think future interest rates could decrease.
- You intend to use the savings from your lower rate and payment to pay down your loan more quickly.
- You plan to own your home for a short time or expect a significant increase in future earnings.
Ask us about an Adjustable Rate Mortgage.
If you have questions, please submit our information request form or contact your nearest Old National mortgage expert.
The top eight homebuying mistakes to avoid
Understanding mortgage basics
Subject to credit approval. Property insurance required. All funds will be verified.