Achieve Ability Mentorship Program
Mentorship for aspiring professionals with disabilities
The Achieve Ability program is a 10-month mentorship opportunity for aspiring professionals with disabilities to connect and interact with executive leaders at Old National. The goal is to develop and foster a relationship where both mentor and mentee learn and gain from one another.
About Achieve Ability
Since Old National launched Achieve Ability in May 2014, more than 40 mentees have participated in the program. A few have found a career at Old National, and many have found, by networking with the help of their mentor, careers at other institutions within their community. Most importantly, mentees of the Achieve Ability program have seized the opportunity to build confidence, enhance their network and prepare for the next steps in their career!
What’s the time commitment?
We ask that mentors and mentees commit to meet at least once per month throughout the 10-month mentorship (August-May). We host two all-participant gatherings (can be attended either in person or via videoconference): A Kickoff Event in September and a Completion Celebration in April, typically at our Evansville headquarters.
Benefits of participation as a mentee
- Build your professional network
- Learn from an (ONB) leader
- Build confidence, professional skills, understanding of business
- Learn about careers in the banking industry
Who are the mentors at ONB?
Based on location and personal interests, we will match mentees with a leader at Old National (mentor) who will complement their personality and career path. Past mentors Include:
- Jim Ryan Chief Executive Officer
- Jim Sandgren President & Chief Operating Officer
- Kathy Schoettlin Chief Brand & Culture Officer
- Jeff Knight Chief Legal Counsel
- Sara Miller Community Banking President
- Kendra Vanzo Chief Administrative Officer
- Scott Shishman Region President
- Daryl Moore Chief Credit Executive
- Scott Evernham Chief Risk Officer
- Mark Bradford Chief Business Development Officer
- Todd Clark CEO, Community Banking
- Jeff Howe Region President
- Ken Ellspermann President Wealth
- Amy Casavant Volunteer & Sustainability Program Manager, VP
- Kelly Reisinger IT Enterprise Solutions/Serv, SVP
- Allen Brouwer Commercial Bank Executive, SVP
- Stephanie Roland Community Development Bank Manager, SVP
- Brian Bohrnstedt Strategic Business Partner, VP
- Robert Smith Region President
- Wade Jenkins Region President
- Jim Collins Corporate Banking President
- Carrie Hanebutt Employment Specialist III
- Sandy Miller Commercial Bank Executive, SVP
- Rafael Sanchez President Private Banking
- David Bucur Data Analytics Director, VP
- Carrie Ellspermann Chief People Officer
- Traci Mann Region President
Why is Achieve Ability important to ONB?
Through Achieve Ability, ONB mentors have the opportunity to build relationships with mentees. As a company committed to fostering a culture of inclusion, and promoting best practices of disability inclusion, we know that we must better understand the challenges faced and overcome by people with disabilities.
Fostering relationships with aspiring young professionals (with disabilities) has served as an excellent learning experience for our leadership team and fits with our commitment to help people learn, grow and succeed in the communities we serve.
Would you like to request more information about Achieve Ability or to schedule a presentation? Fill out the form below!