Providing and supporting financial education is a major focus for Old National.
Improved financial knowledge leads to a better future for individuals and families and in turn stronger communities. Drawing upon the expertise of our associates, we have developed or partnered in the creation of several financial education programs for the communities we serve.
Real Life Finance
Our very own branded curriculum!
- More than 90 registered Old National instructors are available to lead financial education efforts with nonprofits, correctional facilities, businesses and more across the areas we serve.
- Workshop topics include: Financial Psychology, Budgeting, Account Management, Credit, Loans and Debt, Jobs and Careers, Entrepreneurship, Taxes, Risk Management, Insurance, Retirement and Investments.
Other community programs
- Money Safety for Seniors - Old National’s Money $afety for Seniors course outlines how to detect, protect against and report the financial exploitation of seniors.
- 12 Steps to Financial Success - Empowers at-risk adults, specifically those incarcerated for non-violent offenses, to take control of their future and achieve financial success. The program not only empowers participants with financial knowledge, but also encourages them to empower others once they re-enter society.
- Bank On – The Bank On program provides mainstream financial services to those who would not otherwise have a banking relationship, and it equips individuals to successfully manage their accounts. Old National led the way in implementing the first Bank On program in the Midwest and has played a key role as the program has been replicated in many other communities.
- Realityapolis - Created by Old National Bank in conjunction with the Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana, Realityapolis is an interactive, hands-on game that helps middle schoolers develop financial knowledge in a FUN way!
National financial education awards
- Old National Financial Empowerment Director Ben Joergens was named the 2017 Financial Educator of the Year by the National Financial Educators Council (NFEC). He also received the prestigious ABA George Bailey Distinguished Service Award in 2015, after providing financial education to more than 5,000 individuals the previous year through partnerships with 27 different nonprofit organizations, schools and universities.
- Old National received the 2017 Wolters Kluwer Community Impact Award in recognition of Old National's 12 Steps to Financial Success program. In 2015, Old National won the ABA Community Commitment Award in Financial Education for this program.