Investing in Communities
An active partner in the neighborhoods we serve
Our Community Outreach & Financial Empowerment team’s mission is to strengthen our communities by building products, services and collaborative partnerships that help individuals and families reach their goals.
Our team seeks to engage organizations and leaders throughout the Old National footprint to assess community needs and determine how to best use resources to meet those needs. We are especially focused on serving low- to moderate- income (LMI) populations and underrepresented groups. Once critical community needs are assessed, innovative and strategic solutions are developed to make a meaningful impact. Our team also focuses on financial empowerment initiatives with the belief that improved financial knowledge leads to a better future. Drawing upon the expertise of our team members, we have developed or partnered in the creation of several financial education programs for the communities we serve.
Community development goals are achieved in three ways:
Old National invests funds to support the creation of jobs, affordable housing and other services in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods. We feel it is our responsibility to strengthen the communities in which we serve.
Ways we invest:
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits (HTC), and Direct Equity Investments
- Grants that support affordable housing projects and down payment assistance for first-time homebuyers through the Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis
- Targeted investments in Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs)
- New Market Tax Credits
- Old National Bank Foundation Grants
- Donations and Sponsorships
Old National is committed to nurturing dreams of prosperity, from homeownership to entrepreneurship. Our motivation stems from doing the right thing and affording everyone, including those who live in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods, the same opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to:
- Providing mortgage loans for home purchases, improvement and refinancing
- Serving the borrowing needs of small businesses and farms with gross annual revenues of $1 million or less
- Financing development in low-to-moderate income areas of communities we serve
- Seeking community development opportunities that support affordable housing, economic development and community revitalization initiatives in low-to-moderate-income neighborhoods
Community Outreach & Service
We recognize that being a community bank goes beyond serving the financial needs of families and businesses.
Service to our communities takes many forms, including:
- Developing products and services that effectively meet the daily financial management needs of all our clients
- Promoting financial capability by offering training on budgeting, credit, financial management and more throughout our communities
- Forming strategic partnerships with charitable organizations to address community needs
- Supporting community organizations and projects through grants, sponsorships and associate volunteerism
- Conducting community listening sessions to learn how we can best provide support
Home Manager Mortgage Program
Old National’s Home Manager Program empowers clients who might not qualify for a traditional mortgage to achieve their dream of homeownership. Home Manager clients can purchase a home with as little as 3% down and enjoy a lower monthly payment with no Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) requirements. Additionally, a special account called Home Manager Checking is established to help the client save what they need for real estate taxes and homeowner’s insurance.
‘Bank On’ and ONB EZ Access Account
Old National helped launch the third Bank On program in the nation in 2008. Bank On focuses on helping the unbanked gain access to mainstream financial services. In 2016, Old National created ONB EZ Access Account, a Bank On-certified account. Bank On-certified accounts are safe, affordable transaction accounts designed for those who might not otherwise have access to a checking account.
Other Products and Programs
In addition to the Home Manager Mortgage, Old National offers several other innovative and flexible loan products and programs. This includes:
CRA Public File and Performance Evaluation
In accordance with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Regulation BB, Old National Bank is required to maintain and make available for public inspection a complete CRA Public File, which includes the results of our most recent CRA Performance Evaluation.
Old National uses the parameters and guidelines of the CRA Performance Evaluation to help guide our approach to serving our communities, and we are proud of the results we have achieved and the positive impact we have had on our communities.