We strive to effectively manage our resources in partnership with team members, clients, vendors and communities.
We continually examine our organizational practices and our role in cultivating strong and sustainable communities. This includes our impact to social, cultural, economic and environmental sustainability.
Social sustainability is defined as Old National’s ongoing focus on investing in and sustaining our communities. We accomplish this through Old National Bank Foundation grants, sponsorships, board service by team members, donations of physical assets and advancing financial literacy and education.
Cultural sustainability includes empowering team member volunteerism, providing strong employee development initiatives, promoting a highly ethical environment and fostering diversity, equity and inclusion.
Economic sustainability includes strong corporate governance practices and responsible utilization and conservation of our resources. We are also committed to promoting economic development through investment in community-strengthening initiatives like historical real estate, affordable housing and alternative energy projects.
Old National is committed to:
- Actively promoting recycling among our team members and clients
- Educating our team members about our environmental practices and empowering them to contribute
- Complying with all applicable environmental regulations
- Communicating our environmental commitment and efforts to our clients, team members and our community
- Partnering with nonprofit organizations and businesses in our communities to help provide and promote environmental programs and awareness
- Continually improving by striving to measure our environmental impacts and setting goals to reduce these impacts each year
In 2019, Latinos Count in Fort Wayne, Indiana, utilized equipment we donated to start a digital scholarship program for Latino college students.
Sustainability success stories
- Over the past decade, Old National has donated more than 7,000 pieces of refurbished electronic equipment to nonprofits at a value of $1.1 million.
- Old National continues to support environmental sustainability by providing investment and loans for the development of alternative energy, and our ONB Community Equity division invested $3.6 million in alternative energy projects in 2020.
- Old National constructed a 33.50 KW Solar System as part of its new location in Darmstadt, Indiana. This system produces 40,194 kWh annually, avoiding 28.4 Metric Tons of CO2 Emissions every year.
- We continue an ongoing shift from traditional lighting to LED lighting in our facilities and signage. In 2019, ONB invested $1.6 Million in LED retrofit upgrades. At ONB Place, our Evansville Headquarters, this attributed to 357,609.02 kWh in electric savings. According to EPA.gov, this is equivalent to avoiding 253 Metric Tons of CO2 Emissions.