Named a World's Most Ethical Companies honoree for ten straight years
Our firm commitment to ethics and social responsibility drives our approach to business.
We believe a commitment to ethical business and social responsibility strengthens not only our company, but also our communities. It also gives our team members the freedom to grow and excel in an open, ethical and highly transparent environment. Upon being recognized for the 10th consecutive year as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, our Chairman & CEO Jim Ryan and retired ONB Chairman & CEO Bob Jones had a message of appreciation for the Old National team members who made it possible.
Proud to be one the World's Most Ethical Companies®.
In 2021, Old National was proud to be recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere for the 10th year in a row. This certification signifies a strong internal culture and institutional history of ethical and compliant behavior. We have also received Ethics InsideTM Certification from Ethisphere®for the past 11 years.
An industry leader in ethics and corporate governance
In 2021, Old National was one of only five honorees in the banking industry to be named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. This reflects the great importance we place on adhering to sound corporate governance practices. Here are some of the steps we have taken to strengthen and enhance our approach to corporate governance, risk management and business ethics.
Ethics in Action
- Annually, our associates and directors are asked to review and acknowledge a company-wide Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Associates complete annual ethics training with refresher courses throughout the year
- Chief Ethics Officer appointed in 2008 and Ethics Committee established in 2017
- Anonymous ethics reporting tool available to associates 24 hours a day
- Old National strives to conduct business with Third Parties who share our commitments to compliance with legal requirements and to high ethical standards, and expects all Third Parties and their respective associates, agents, and subcontractors to follow the principles of our Code summarized in the Third Party Code of Conduct.
Committed to Corporate Governance
Strict adherence to Corporate Governance is one of our guiding principles. Examples include:
- First in peer group to require majority vote for directors and annual election of directors (2008)
- Maintain independence of all non-executive board members
- Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) score of 3 with third-party validation
- Executive compensation tied to shareholder value
- Stock ownership guidelines established for Executive Leadership Group and Board of Directors
- Commitment to strong Internal Audit structure
Committed to Enterprise Risk Management
Old National is committed to strong Enterprise Risk Management:
- Board-level Enterprise Risk Committee
- Board-defined Risk Appetite Statement and Enterprise Rick Management Framework
- Alignment of business strategy and capital plan with risk appetite
- Appropriate governance and organizational structures
- Chief Risk Officer role and defined second line of defense structure
- Strong and independent stature of risk function within the organization
- Expertise and talent recruited, developed and retained within Enterprise Risk Management team
- Strong risk assessments, monitoring and reporting
What does our commitment to ethics and risk management mean for you?
- Service delivered with transparency and integrity
- Client communication that is honest and upfront
- A commitment to corporate social responsibility
“World’s Most Ethical Companies” and “Ethisphere” names and marks are registered trademarks of Ethisphere LLC.