In Online Banking
Log in to Online Banking and choose Bill Pay in the top menu.
To add a new payee, type the name of the payee in the “Need to pay someone new?” entry box near the top middle of the main payments page.
As you type, what you are typing is matched to a known payee. If you see your payee in the drop down list, click the name and the click the Add button.
If you do not see the name in the drop down, don't worry, just complete typing the name of your payee and click the Add button.
You will then be asked for some information about your payee:
- Account Number – This is your account number with the payee. Enter the account number as it appears on your bill. When making a payment to a person and not a business, you may not have an account number to provide. If this is the case, leave the account number field blank.
- Payee Address – This is the address to which you send your payment.
- Payee Phone Number – Enter the phone number your biller provides for questions about your bill.
If you are adding a company, look for a customer service phone number on your bill, statement, or invoice.
If you are adding a person, use the person's work, home, or mobile number.
- Zip code – In some cases we do not ask for the entire address of your payee, but just for their zip code. When prompted to enter a zip code, enter the payee's zip code to which you send your payment.
Don't be alarmed if you are not asked for an address to which to send your payment. This means special arrangements are already in place with the company you are adding regarding how to remit payments to them. In many cases, a payment is sent electronically and therefore, an address is not needed. In other cases, the payee requires that payments be sent to an address that may be different from the address that appears on your bill.
When adding your payee, you can also give your payee a nickname.
When your payee is added, it will display at the top of your payee list on the main payments page. The next time you come back to the screen, your payees will display in alphabetical order.
Our Online Bill Pay has its own FAQ in Online Banking as well. You can find it on the Bill Pay screen in the lower right corner under I want to. . .
In the Mobile App
If you need assistance with enrolling in Online Bill Pay, please contact Client Care at 1-800-731-2265.
- Open the Mobile App
- iPhone users, choose Bill Pay at the bottom of the screen. Android users, tap on the menu icon in the upper left and choose Bill Pay.
- Select Payees at the top right of the screen
- In the "Add a person or business field" begin adding information for those you want to pay. The App will guide you through entering any additional information needed.