How do I add a payee in Online Bill Pay?
From a Web Browser
- Log in to your Digital Banking account and choose Bill Pay in the top menu.
- To add a new payee, type the name of the payee in the “Need to pay someone new?” entry box near the top middle of the main payments page.
- As you type, what you are typing is matched to a known payee.
- If you see your payee in the drop down list, click the name and then click the Add button. Enter and confirm the account number and add an optional nickname.
- Select Add Payee.
If you do not see the name in the drop down, don't worry, just complete typing the name of your payee and click the Add button. You will then be asked for some information about your payee:
- Account Number – This is your account number with the payee. Enter the account number as it appears on your bill. When making a payment to a person and not a business, you may not have an account number to provide. If this is the case, leave the account number field blank.
- Nickname - This field is optional, but if you have a different way to identify the payee besides the payee name, enter it here.
- Payee Address – This is the address to which you send your payment.
- Payee Phone Number – Enter the phone number your biller provides for questions about your bill. If you are adding a company, look for a customer service phone number on your bill, statement, or invoice. If you are adding a person, use the person's work, home, or mobile number.
- Zip code – Enter the payee's zip code to which you send your payment.
When your payee is added, it will display at the top of your payee list on the main payments page. The next time you come back to the screen, your payees will display in alphabetical order. Bill Pay has its own FAQ in Digital Banking as well. You can find it on the Bill Pay screen in the lower right corner under I want to. . .
ONB Mobile app
- Open the ONB Mobile app, tap Payment Center, then Bill Pay.
- Select Payees at the top right of the screen
- In the Add a person or business field begin adding information for those you want to pay. The app will guide you through entering any additional information needed.
If you need assistance with enrolling in Bill Pay, please contact Client Care at 1-800-731-2265.