What is Mobile Deposit and how do I use it?
Mobile Deposit is a feature within your Mobile Banking that allows you to deposit checks by using your phone's camera.
To use Mobile Deposit
- Log in to your Mobile Banking App
- For iPhone users, at the very bottom of the screen, select Check Deposit.
For Android users, tap the menu icon in the upper left and choose Check Deposit.
- Select the account you want to deposit to and enter the check amount
- Make sure your check is endorsed. Within the endorsement area on the back, sign your name and print "For Mobile Deposit only."
- Select the photo icon and capture an image of the front and back of your check.
- Verify the check information and submit.
You will receive an email confirmation once a Mobile Deposit has been submitted. A second email will be generated when the deposit has been reviewed to let you know the status of the deposit. An approval email does not guarantee that the funds are available immediately.
Tips for using Mobile Deposit
- Take photos in a well-lit area
- Place check on a dark surface
- Be sure only the check is in the photo (no fingers holding the check)
- Make sure the whole check is visible in the guidelines; leave a small amount of space between the guidelines and the edges of the check
- Give the camera time to focus before taking the photo; being too close can make the check image blurry
- Tap the center of your screen to get a clear picture
- Make sure the check isn't folded or torn
If you need assistance with using Mobile Deposit, please call Client Care at 1-800-731-2265.
Still have questions? Enter them in the Search box below.